Many movies and novels have scenes where a person heals or kills the opposite with a single touch or pressure. We consider it as fiction and sometimes wonder if it is possible. I say it is possible and not a supernatural power. It is called Marma Chikitsa.
Marma chikitsa has a history of over 4000 years with origins in Southern India. Marma chikitsa is also known as Kalari chikitsa. It was mainly developed to fight and heal the soldiers during wars. Kings, therapists, and soldiers were experts in Marma chikitsa. These days it is included in Ayurveda and has vital consideration.
Marma the Vital points
Marma is a Sanskrit word meaning Secret or Key point. Chikitsa means treatment. Marma Chikitsa is treating or dealing a body with the application of physical or mental pressure on the key points.
There are 108 marma points in the body, of which 64 are the significant ones. Marma points are the key locations, where two different types of tissues meet. They include bones or joints, muscles, ligaments, and veins. The seven Chakras or energy centers are in correspondence with the marma points. The remaining are distributed all along the body. A 108th marma point is the brain and is the most important and difficult to act on. Marma points are fragile, and it can heal a person to the greater levels and also lead to death.
Following are the basic Marma’s for better understanding:
- Asthi Marma – Bones.
- Mamsa Marma – Muscle.
- Sira Marma – Vessel.
- Snayu Marma – Ligament.
- Sandhi Marma – Joints.
Marma chikitsa is a holistic treatment which is the most delicate and significant approach to therapy. It uses massage therapies with Ayurvedic herbs and oils.
In the current living conditions, our body is prone to different illness from air, water, and food. They damage our health system and are also responsible for psychological issues. The body needs regeneration and reactivation of damaged and abnormal effects in the body.
There are four primary aspects of Marma chikitsa. They are as follows:
- Our body has a constant flow of prana or energy throughout the body. Blockage of the pranas or energies leads to different diseases or disorders. Marma chikitsa removes the blockage from the body.
- It composes air and water elements (Vata dosha) and brings back to normal. Mainly concentrates on Vyana Vata, the sub-dosha maintaining the autonomic nervous system.
- Toxins, Vata aggravation and various disorders in the body brings rigidity both to physical and psychological levels. Marma chikitsa act on this harshness or severity and drive our body to flexibility in physical and mental levels.
- Marma chikitsa brings exceptional and potent transformation to the body. It connects the physical, emotional and spiritual elements of the unconscious part of the brain. Reinforcing and deepening all the levels of human body and mind.
Marma chikitsa is a non-surgical approach, healing many diseases and disorders. Below are few of the things that are cured by Marma Chikitsa.
- Muscular and joint pains.
- Frozen joints.
- Aging problems.
- Emotional disorders.
- Digestive problems.
- Respiratory problems.
- Nervous system disorders or neurological disorders.
- Immunity disorders.
Alongside treating the diseases, it improves overall health of the body and also prevents from diseases or disorders.
Marma therapy is one of the most effective treatment in the field of science. The non-surgical approach adds another level to the Marma chikitsa.
Marma chikitsa at the core level enhances the self-healing aspects of the body. It treats and also prevents the body from being prone to any future diseases.
Why go for treatments with pressure and pain, when you have the option of a soothing treatment?
Think about it, heal yourself as a whole. Give birth to the new you, through the Godly Marma chikitsa.