A cold is the type of infection that gets triggered by viruses. Though this ailment is very common, it makes you feel uncomfortable. In addition, the symptoms like a runny nose, headache, and high fever can steal the convenience of life. Though there are no as such medications for cold, there are some effective home remedies that can give instant relief in these instances. The paragraphs underneath will discuss those points.
The antiviral and antibacterial properties in Garlic come highly effective to bring relief from the troubles of cold. Garlic boosts the immune system and it removes the congestions in the respiratory passage. In addition, it is a natural detoxification agent.
You simply need to eat a few cloves of fresh garlic. Alternatively, you can use garlic in your foods that will also add taste to the cuisine.
It is a storehouse for enzymes and nutrients that kill bacteria and viruses. Hence, honey not only gives relief from the cold but, cures it completely. You can mix a teaspoon of honey with the juice of half-a-lemon and a cup of warm water. Keep drinking this juice a few times to get complete relief from the ailment.
You need adding ½ teaspoons each of cumin, coriander and fenugreek seeds powder with rock candy. Combine this mixture with your tea. Take 3 to 4 serving of spice tea for 2 days to recover from the ailment.
As cold in a viral ailment, ginger will be a magic remedy to this ailment. It is because ginger features antiviral properties. The ginger extract will even remove the congestion in the air track. You can expect a delightful outcome, chewing a few slices of fresh ginger slices. Alternatively, you can extrude its juice and mix it in your tea. You need taking a few serving of ginger tea for a few days to overcome the challenge of cold.
Chicken Soup supplies the necessary nutrients and vitamins that boost the immune system. It features high antioxidant properties that speed up the recovery process. Prepare the soup at home, using fresh chicken and organic vegetables.
Take a few slices of red onion and mix it with few teaspoons honey in a bowl. You need to leave the mixture for 10 to 12 hours, till a layer of thick syrup collects at the bottom of the bowl. Take 2 to 3 spoons of this syrup daily and get complete healing within a day or two.
This is the simplest yet efficient remedy that applies on cold. You can either, mix a few pinches of pepper powder in your food or can mix it with your tea. Pepper removes the congestion in the mucus.
It comes loaded with antiviral and antioxidant properties and hence, is a worthy remedy on cold. The sip of hot green tea will even give relief to the congestion problems. To make it more effective, add a teaspoon honey and a few slices of fresh ginger.
Mix a teaspoon each of ginger and turmeric powder in a glass of milk and drinks It before going to bed.
Cinnamon can produce instant relief from the trouble of cold. It reduces the pain in the sore & dry throat. You need mixing a teaspoon of cinnamon bark oil with a teaspoon of honey and take it a few times daily.
- Remedies :
1. Usage of lemon juice is more beneficial when the patient is affected by the cold. Because it increases body resistance decrease toxicity. Besides reduces the duration of the illness.
2. Let the turmeric powder be mixed in warm milk and taken once or twice daily according to the suggestion of the doctor. The patient may get relief.
3. Boil the ginger pieces in hot water. After straining pour one or ten teaspoons of sugar. Drink the decoction in a limit with the advice of the doctor.
4. Prepare ginger tea by boiling the ginger with tea leaves for
certaintime. Drink the decoction in a limit.
5. Cut pieces of ladies fingers boiled in the water also gives relief and drink once or twice a day.
6. Tamarind and pepper rasam is a well-known home remedy when the common cold attacks. By using this the nose and eyes water are clear.
1. When there is common cold the patient should give up all types of boiled foods. It is better to drink only fruit and vegetable juices. That too diluted with water.
2. The well-balanced diet is to be taken only after a little relief.
3. It is better to avoid all the nonveg food.
4. Even cheese and starchy food, should not be used.
Mudra for cold intolerance:
Mudra is a part of holistic healing like Ayurveda and Yoga. It is very useful and easy to practice. Anyone can practice it anytime. 45 minutes of practice is enough to get good results. The major advantage of mudras is you may practice it while traveling or watching T.V. know more about these mudras click on the link.
Before practicing Mudras it is very important to find your Ayurvedic Body type To find your Ayurvedic body type follow this link