1. Vata constitution
- Vata constitution has characteristic of dry, light, cold, mobile, active, bright, astringent, and it is dispersing in their mind and body
- Vata season is autumn
- Time of day is afternoon and early morning
Different Types of Vata and its functions
- Prana Vayu: Governs the senses, creative thinking, reasoning, enthusiasm,
- Udana Vayu: Governs quality of voice, memory, movements of thought
- Samana Vayu: Governs movement of food through digestive tract
- Apana Vayu: Elimination of wastes, sexual function, menstrual cycle
- Vyana Vayu: Governs blood flow, heart rhythm, perspiration, sense of touch
Person of Vata Prakriti is, in genral, physically underdeveloped. His chests are flat and their veins, muscles fibers and tendons are visible.The complexion is brown, the skin is cold, rough, dry and cracked. There usually are few moles present, which tend to be dark.
Vata persons is either too tall or too short, with thin frames which reveal prominent joints and bone-ends because of poor muscle development. The hair is curly and scanty, the eyelashes are thin and the eyes lustless. The eyes may be sunken, small, dry, active and the conjunctiva is dry an muddy. The nails are rough and brittle. The shape of the nose is bent and turned up.
Physiologically, the appetite and digestion are variable. Vata people crave sweer, sour and salty tastes and like hot drinks. The production of urine in quantity. They have a tendency to perspire less than other constitutional types. Their sleep may be disturbed, and they will sleep less than the other types . their hands and feet are often cold.
These people are creative, active, alert and restless. They talk fast and walk fast, but they are easily fatigued.
Psychologically, they are characterized by short memory but quick mental understanding. They will understand something immediately, but will soon forget it. They have little will-power, tend toward spiritual boldness. Their reasoning power is weak, and these people are nervous, fearful and afflicted by much anxiety.
Each constitutional type also exhibits certain patterns in interactions with the external environment. Vata people tend to earn money quickly and also spend it quickly.
Thus, they tend to remain weak.
Imbalances Of VATA
- difficulty breathing
- excess movement
- weak nervous system
- fear, anxiety
- Abhyanga (Ayurvedic massage)
- Stay warm in cold and windy weather
- Consume warm and cooked foods (less raw foods)
- Go to bed early and have a lot of rest and sleep.
- Favor fatty and wet food with sweet, sour, and salty tastes.
DON’Ts For Vata Dosha
- Avoid light, dry, cold, pungent, bitter and astringent foods
- Avoid raw foods, juices, fasting
- Avoid stimulants ,smoking ,alcohol
- Refrain from excessive aerobic activity